Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Goddess


Like many others that wear this amazing badge of ‘mother’, I’m a planer. A worrier,  a doer.  I multitask, organize and end the day with a million scenarios playing out in my head. Even the mundane tasks are not immune to my neurosis – every decision an opportunity for research, public opinion polling and hours of agonizing. My journals turn quickly from romantic prose to to-do lists and pro’s and con lists of whatever I’m debating at the time:

·         One kid /two?

·         CO/DC?

·         Disposable/Cloth?

·         Vegan/Flexitarian?

·         Public/Private?

·         Missionary or….Missionary?

So imagine my surprise when I found myself, hours after running my second half marathon with 15K other women on a postcard-perfect day in DC, propped up on a table in a tattoo parlor!

I hadn’t yelped them. I didn’t check for health code violations. I sat down and gave Dan my foot. Completely trusting this stranger with a goatee, a kind face and a needle.
“What do you think your family will say?” My friend asked in a conspiratorial whisper.  “I don’t know” I answered, “it’s not for them, it’s for me”.
And now I have wings reminding me that a Goddess lives here. One that knows that the answers will come when she stops asking the questions.

                           ~ Nike ~ the Goddess of Strength, Speed & Victory and She Resides with Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment